Now we all know VCU is a pretty incredible school. The campus is vibrant and diverse. VCU also happened to be located in one of the coolest cities ever. Here are 10 fun facts about this incredible school.
1. The VCUarts program is number one among public institutions in the country.
2. VCU was founded in 1838 as the medical department of Hampden-Sydney College (Medical College of Virginia)
3. In 1968 the Medical College merged with the Richmond Professional Institute to create the VCU we know and love today, by 1974 32 other degree programs were added.
4. VCU is the first American campus in Qatar.
5. Has the only men’s basketball team to go from First Four to Final Four.
6. VCU’s hospital boasts performing the commonwealth first liver, kidney and heart transplant, as well as the East Coast’s first artificial heart transplant.
7. VCU has more minority graduates than any other university in Virginia.
8. 102 countries are represented in the student population.
9. $271 million in sponsored research in 2016.
10. VCU is the best school ever.
Social media is one of the best ways to get your message out in today’s world. Many colleges today have utilized using a group Facebook page so others can update each other about what’s happening on campus. Sometimes, we get a lot more than we bargained for when we log on. Check out the 10 funniest, craziest, and best VCU’s Class of 2020 Facebook group posts.
1. When you can’t decide if someone had a rough weekend, or had way too much food at the dining hall
2. This request for solitude during studying, but the song was too iconic to turn off
3. This example of how the dining hall holds the highest horrors known to man
4. This request, which was highly misinterpreted
5. This pie chart, posted on Pi day, that describes how we’re all feeling at this point
6. These people, relying on the kindness of strangers (legend does not say if the light was ever turned off)
7. This finding by someone who needed a positive boost for the day
8. This attempt at providing information, which turned out to be more of a mystery
9. This definitive ranking of all the best and worst foods on campus
10. And finally, this message to no one in particular, and the person who decided it was aimed at them
Thanks for your interest in becoming a Notetaker at VCU on OneClass.com. Since 2010, students have submitted their notes and study guides. OneClass is an online education platform serving hundreds of thousands of post-secondary students at VCU. Every day, we help university students achieve their potential and excel in their scholastic careers by providing them with study resources they need to succeed. Thousands of students have collectively saved countless hours in studying for exams
Who are we looking for:
We’re looking for top students with a knack for taking lecture notes and making quality study guides for midterms and exams. If you are looking for a job this semester while attending school, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Upload your lecture notes on a daily basis, as well as your past notes from courses completed in the last semester. Plain and simple! You are required to ensure top quality content and organization. You can upload typed or hand written notes.
What do you get:
-Help others and give back to the community
-Build your resume
-Receive a letter and certificate of recognition
You can apply to become 2 types of Note Takers:
1. Good Student Note Taker ($450/course)
2. Elite Note Taker (Pay Varies depending on course)
If you have any questions, please feel free to message us here.
Whether you take this list as a warning or a challenge is up to you. Here are 10 of the Hardest Classes at VCU!
This class analyzes the processes that your body undergoes to keep you alive, but ironically most people that take it say it feels like death.
How am I supposed to learn about treating people who need help with learning when I still don’t even know what I’m learning or how to learn?
Advanced computer programming? Binary trees? Coding? I still have a Star Wars CD stuck in my laptop from last week.
The description for this course reads “An introduction to groups, rings and fields from an axiomatic point of view. Coset decomposition and basic morphisms.”
This course covers topics like reverse engineering, so if you’re bored of regular old engineering, this class is for you!!
You can’t be spineless if you want to pass this course. (Anyone? No? Okay.)
“Height-balanced trees, B-trees, hashing and graph representation; incorporating data structures into object-oriented design. Analysis of various searching and sorting algorithms. Algorithm design topics include divide-and-conquer, dynamic programming and greedy methods.” If you even know how to explain what this class is about, you probably should be taking it.
For those of you who can’t stop thinking about all the current issues in the world: now you can take TESTS on them!
This class is literally about curing cancer. If you wanted to aim higher than this, I don’t know what to tell you.
Just because I bet you don’t speak Portuguese.